Saturday, October 9, 2010

If I Could Make Any Meal For My Family It Would Be...

     If I could cook any meal for my family it would have to be Thanksgiving dinner. I would make honey ham, smoked turkey, greens, macaroni and cheese, corn on the cob, cornbread, sweet potatoe pie, and apple pie. The ham and turkey I'd have baking in the oven while I'm preparing everything else. I would buy some mustard greens and some hot peppers to make it just a little spicy and get a turkey leg to put in there. I would clean the greens in the sink like I was taught and put them in the pot with the turkey leg and hot pepper. For the macaroni and cheese I would buy the medium sized spiral noodles and get two blocks of cheese. First, I cook the noodles until their ready then I put them in the pan and put a little bit of butter and just enough milk. Then, I get the cheese and shred it, and spread it across the noodles. Next, I mix the noodles and cheese together and put it into the oven. For the corn on the cob I just clean the corn and wrap it with foil and put it into the oven. For the corn bread I'd buy the Jiffy cornbread and do what the directions say and thats done. The sweet potatoe pie and apple pies , I would have my sister or stepmom do. I would want to cook this meal for them to show them how thankful I am for them being in my life and preparing me a good meal everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment